- Targeted advertising to local consumers interested in procedures you perform is key for achieving reach and scale that can make a difference to your business.
- Demonstrating our trustworthiness and transparency is key to getting deeper consideration from aesthetic consumers you reach through targeted advertising.
- One month in, RealSelf Verified status has already achieved high consumer recognition and is driving more views (33x) and contacts (27x) than non-RealSelf Verified counterparts.
- Furthermore, doctors who are RealSelf Verified and using Spotlight to achieve reach are seeing higher performance (+17 contacts per month) than doctors who are RealSelf Verified but do not Spotlight procedures.
Consumers’ decision making process is a complex, and highly individualized, journey. But there are key stops on the road to selecting an aesthetic provider that they will make at some point along the way.
A crucial one is the starting point: getting picked by consumers hinges on them knowing that you exist in the first place. And for higher-stakes, higher-consideration purchases like aesthetic procedures, the watchword for consumers is trust—and reinforcing your trustworthiness as they cull their list of potential providers is key for getting selected, as well as inspiring loyalty and being referred. According to Salesforce, 95% of consumers say trust in a business inspires loyalty, and another 93% say trust will make them more likely to recommend a business.
Trust and transparency are crucial, but they don’t work in a vacuum when it comes to making sure you ultimately get selected by potential patients. You also need reach.
That’s why we made trust the centerpiece of attaining RealSelf Verified status. But trust doesn’t work in a vacuum when it comes to making sure you ultimately get selected by potential patients. While the RealSelf Verified badge is a strong and instant signal of trust when consumers see your profile, enhancing your reach via Spotlight is a great way to make sure you’re starting strong with views from lots of potential patients, setting the stage for further consideration of your practice for their procedure.
Conversely, for those who are already using Spotlight to maximize their visibility with potential patients, ensuring those consumers have instant confidence in you via the RealSelf Verified badge is key for converting looks from those consumers into inquiries.
For Consumers, There is Already a Strong Inherent Value in the RealSelf Verified Badge
RealSelf Verified status offers an array of benefits to consumers searching for the right doctor that also enhance those doctors’ chances of getting selected. They include:
- A profile badge that provides an instant signal of trust to consumers that a doctor meets or exceeds those standards. Before reading the particulars, they know a strong contender awaits, increasing confidence in their choice.
- An enhanced profile that is specifically engineered for trust and transparency, delivering the key information consumers want to know about doctors and their services in an optimized layout.
- Extensive promotion, including our largest-ever consumer marketing campaign, and ability for consumers to filter for RealSelf Verified Doctors on our Find-A-Doctor page.
Only a month after introducing RealSelf Verified status, we’ve found that consumers are 7x more likely to filter for RealSelf Verified Doctors than they are to filter for doctor expertise. And only three weeks after launching, more than half of consumers we surveyed said they recognized the RealSelf Verified badge or checkmark.
These results tell us that the inherent value of the badge is already resonating with consumers in a meaningful way. And that result is buttressed by the fact that…
Strong Recognition of the RealSelf Verified Badge is Translating into Consumer Actions That Promote ROI for Doctors
RealSelf Verified Doctors are seeing undeniable results that make it clear that the trust standards we set are also promoting commercial success for practices. RealSelf Verified Doctors are getting many multiples more views and inquiries than their counterparts who do not have trusted profiles. Specifically:
- RealSelf Verified Doctors are receiving nearly 27x more profile views on average than non-RealSelf Network Doctors, and 3.5x more profile views than RealSelf Network Doctors who do not have the RealSelf Verified badge.
- RealSelf Verified Doctors are receiving more than 33x more contacts on average than non-RealSelf Network Doctors, and 2.6x more contacts than RealSelf Network Doctors who do not have the RealSelf Verified badge.
Merging Spotlight and RealSelf Verified Has Already Shown Promising Results
The merging of 1) smart, local targeting in specific procedures driving to 2) elite RealSelf Verified profiles that 3) highlight doctors’ experience in those same procedures has proved to be a compelling combination. To wit:
- In August—the month RealSelf Verified launched—providers who were RealSelf Verified and Spotlighting procedures received an average of 17 more contacts per month than those who were RealSelf Verified and not using Spotlight.
The standards required to achieve RealSelf Verified status are a strong performance enhancer on their own. Adding targeted, local visibility to trust & transparency provides even more of a performance boost.
Now do this:
- Not in the RealSelf Network? Learn more and apply here.
- Already in the Network but not RealSelf Verified? Visit your dashboard to learn the next steps to getting your badge.
- Not Spotlighting? Contact your RealSelf Advisor or Advocate to discuss the best procedures to target and what inventory is available in your area.
- Not in the RealSelf fold at all? Claim your profile to get started.